Delicious meals that you can cook using Raska Sauce- Hot or Mild.
Lentils (Misr Wat)
1. Heat 1/4 cup oil and 1/2 jar Raska in a pot until it sizzles, stirring constantly.
2. Add 2 cups water & boil.
3. Add 1 lb. washed lentils; simmer until done (45-60 minutes), stirring occasionally.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve with rice or couscous. Garnish with green onion and a sprig of fresh oregano.
1. Heat 1-2 Tbsp oil in a frying pan.
2. When oil is hot, add 8 oz. sliced mushrooms and 1/2 onion, sliced or chopped. Saute until done, and remove from pan.
3. Mix in 2 more Tbsp oil to pan and 1/4 cup Raska. Heat until simmering.
4. Serve over rice and garnish with fresh basil leaves, parsley, and sliced yellow and red bell peppers.
1. Wash, then cut 1 small eggplant into 1/2" rounds.
2. Soak in salt water for a few minutes, then drain.
3. Grill until eggplant slices are nicely browned outside.
4. Stir together in a frying pan until hot:
1 Tbsp Raska Sauce
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp Peanut or other oil
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
5. Add to sauce:
1/4 – 1/2 T salt
3 fresh torn basil leaves
juice of 1/2 lemon
(or 1 T. vinegar)
6. Stir grilled eggplant slices into Raska mixture. Continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated.
7. Pour into serving dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and garnish with cilantro & lemon slices.
8. Serve over rice or couscous.
1. Cut a baguette to 6”.
2. Layer with:
sliced red/yellow peppers
1-2 Tbsp Raska
3. Drizzle with olive oil.
1. In a large pot, boil 6 cups of water mixed with 2 Tbsp Raska Sauce.
2. Add 1 1/2 lbs. Basmati (or other rice) to boiling water.
3. Cook about 20-25 minutes, until all water is absorbed.
4. Stir in 1 cup cooked peas and 6-8 cooked baby carrots.
1. Heat together in a large pot, until boiling:
3 Tbsp oil
4 Tbsp Raska
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 pinch clove
1/2 tsp cardamom
2. Add 1/3 cup coconut milk; boil for about 1 more minute.
3. Add 1 lb. cut up, cooked chicken pieces. Stir and let sauce thicken (about two minutes).
Grilled Raska Chicken
Eggs, Hashbrowns and Raska
Raska Ethiopian Style Eggs
1. Grill chicken breast and place on a bed of lettuce
2. Grill 1/4 cup chopped onion, mushroom or both and place on top of chicken
3. Simmer in a frying pan for about 2 minutes, then drizzle on chicken, mushrooms, and onions:
2 Tbsp Raska
2 Tbsp butter
1/4 lemon or lime juice, or both
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 Tbsp oil and 1/2 jar Raska in a skillet.
2. Stir in 1 lb. prepared hashbrowns or "Tater-Tots”.
3. Add 1/4 –1/2 cups water, as needed, and cook mixture until hot.
4. With a spoon, “dig” 5 small holes into the potato mixture; they need to be large enough to each hold an egg.
5. Crack an egg into each hole and continue to cook mixture until eggs are ready to eat.
6. While egg mixture is cooking, chop:
2 Tbsp. red peppers
2 Tbsp. yellow peppers
2 Tbsp. green onion
7. When egg/potato mixture is cooked through, sprinkle with chopped vegetables.
1. Warm half cup Raska Sauce in sauce pan
2. Add two cups diced tomato
3. Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil
4. Add Salt and Pepper to taste, if desired
5. Separately, hard-boil about 6 or 7 eggs
6. Peel eggs when finished cooking and add to the sauce.
Serve over Injera (Ethiopian Bread), Rice, Quinoa, or Cuscus